Monday, October 31, 2005

"No Ice Cream Sir"

Groggy after a 50 hour week I decided to spend the Saturday evening at Barista with a cup of strong coffee.

When I finally managed to get a table at the overcrowded coffee shop, I noticed a friend also looking for a seat. I called him over and decided to share our stressful work life woes.

I ordered a 'normal' coffee for myself and an ice cream for my friend to the smiling man at the counter who dutifully called my name out in 15 minutes.

I walked upto the counter to take my order and to my horror found a cup of cold coffee with ice-cream in it!!!

I pointed this out to the (still smiling) man at the counter. He apologized profusely and promised me a solution in two minutes. He poured the coffee and the ice-cream into a mixer and switched the machine on. Before I could protest, the machine had done its job and the man poured the concoction back into the cup and gave it back to me with a smile - "No Ice Cream Sir".

I did not know how to react.

2 Comments:

Blogger acidrocks said...

That was funny !!!!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

I was told, when the first Calcutta Barista started off, a friend of mine ordered cold coffee and given a hot. When he protested, they smilingly chucked a few ice cubes in it.

Of course, knowing the guy, he could have made it up, too.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home